Wednesday 17 August 2016

The best three life haks

Three vocabulary hacks that will change your life. Guaranteed!
. . .
Say get to instead of have to
Have to is an obligation, get to is a privilege and a gift.
To make yourself appreciate people, thing and event in life, replace “have to” with “get to”. Rather than complaining or feeling bad about things you “have to” do or challenges you “have to” go through, think a little differently. You “get to” experience and do them.
For example:
  • have to work every day for 10 hours → I get to work every day for 10 hours.
  • have to take care of my parents → I get to take care of my parents
  • have to please and pamper my wife all the time → I get to please and pamper my wife all the time
.
.
.
If you’re sorry, say thank you
Every time you use the word “sorry”, it basically makes your speech sound like an apology. With that, people perceive this in a way that you were guilty or messed something up. The truth is in most cases, you done nothing wrong and don’t really feel sorry for it.
By changing your vocabulary to “thank you”, you can instantly change the mood and way it is perceived with. It acknowledges that you appreciate someone who cared for you, which is a very nice thing to do and makes both parties feel great.
  • Say Thank you for your patience” instead of Sorry I am always late”
  • Say Thank you for listening” instead of Sorry I am just rambling”
  • Say Thank you for understanding me” instead of Sorry I am not making too much sense”
.
.
.
Stop saying you’re welcome
Instead, say “I know you’d do the same for me.” when someone say “thank you” to you.
This phrase tells the person who received your favor that someday you may need help too, and it also signals to the person that you believe he/she is honorable and someone who will reciprocate.
It does more than “you’re welcome” (which basically means nothing).

No comments:

Post a Comment